January 29, 2011
SOMEWHERE in this house of ours, there lurks a black hole. A deep, dark cavern in which certain things tend to fall in and be lost forever.
Lambie #1…..black hole.
Sheriff Woody doll…..black hole.
Remember these??? You guessed it. Black hole (after only 3 weeks of wear).
My camera at Christmas…………black hole.
Lambie #2………HOPEFULLY NOT the black hole, but it’s looking like he succumbed to the placewhichallthingsarelostforever. (I just spent an hour tearing our house apart).
Seriously, where does all this stuff go?? Craziest part, we are never missing socks and those are usually the first to get sucked in.
*Lambie #2 was found about two hours after this post…..in the car…..shoved down the side of Liam’s seat in the way back. A safe place I’m sure. Both my husband and my mom think I am the black hole. Hmmmmmm…..
January 23, 2011
January 22, 2011
So….I’ve started this post 3 other times now and it keeps turning out all “woe is me” and “our lives are really hard right now” and all “I’m struggling with Gavin” yada, yada, yada. I’m going to get it right this time.
Here’s the deal. I made a deal. With myself. No more negativity. You see, I
tend to always look at the glass half empty and it’s driving me crazy (as well as my ever-optimistic husband). My life is good. REALLY GOOD. Yes, we’ve got problems. Yes, I HATE autism. Yes, I still struggle with it DAILY. But things could be worse. A whole heckuva lot worse. We’ve got it SOOOOOOOO good.
January is generally the month where I slip into a funk. The weather is gross, I feel gross (I self-diagnosed my SAD), there are no fun holidays/birthdays/festivities to enjoy. (Sorry MLK, it was nice having Gav home from school!) But for some reason, this year is different. I’ve been feeling good about things. About my life, our current situations, and even Gav’s autism.
2011 is going to be a good year (heck, I may even blog more!)
- My amazing parents will be celebrating 35 years of marriage in two weeks. They have been the greatest examples of love and commitment for us.
- My dad got a great report at his last doctor appointment (he was diagnosed with Parkinsons about a year ago). He’s doing well, the disease has not progressed, and his meds seem to be working great.
- Josh and I get to take a mini-vaca soon. We get to hang out with this guy and this guy all night. I’m stoked…nervous….stoked?
- We will be out of debt this year. Completely. This has been a dark cloud hanging over our heads since we started flipping houses a few years back. It’s finally paying off. I cannot tell you how incredible the feeling is of being relieved of all that stress.
- At the end of May, Gavin will have one full year of school (in a typical classroom) under his belt. I’m so proud of him and how hard he tries at everything. When I tucked him in bed tonight I told him he could sleep in tomorrow and he replied, “No, Mommy, I’m going to get up early so I can practice writing my uppercase letters.” Love.
- Liam starts Bam Bam Ball this spring. He’s growing up so incredibly fast. I’m relishing every minute I get with him because he starts school this fall.
There’s a whole lot more going on that I could/should blog about and hopefully I’ll get around to it. I just don’t spend a lot of time online these days. Along with being more positive, I’ve really tried to be more present for my kids. They grow up so fast and I don’t want to miss a second (and I definitely don’t want them to look back on life and only remember me on the computer all day).
But really, I’ll try harder to keep
you all my mom and sister updated.