August 30, 2009
Walmart. When I hear this word, I cringe. My body shutters and I immediately feel dirty. I’m not kidding. I HATE THAT PLACE. Everything in me wants to run screaming in the opposite direction if I ever have to set foot in that store. (Granted, the one on the west side of town is way nice, but that doesn’t keep me from hating it).
I know, I know, I know…..the prices are better, the food is cheaper, blah, blah, blah. I DON’T CARE. I will forever be a Target girl. I will pay 6 cents more for my mascara!
Whether you love it or hate it, you’ll love this web site! And it’s exactly why I refuse to shop there. (Make sure to read the captions under each photo!)
August 25, 2009
To steal this from my sister, she regularly posts the things she loves to keep a positive perspective on life. So here are some things I’m lovin these days (in no particular order):
- baby smiles. Tate is starting to smile when we talk to him and it’s so incredibly precious. He smiles the most when his big brothers are around. Love!
- my wonderful family. We can’t go more than a day or so without seeing each other. I’m so blessed and we have so much fun……TOO much fun.
- this CRAZY summer weather. I hate the heat and being pregnant for most of the summer when it’s only been mid 80’s or less has been fabulous!
- Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman. If you have not yet seen Long Way Down or Long Way Round, you must, you must, you must. Josh and I spent the last month addicted to these amazing documentaries. I almost cried when we watched the final episode (could be hormones, could be that it was THAT good). Long Way Up coming next year. YAY!
- a group of old friends from another life that we’ve recently reconnected with. We have so much fun together (never a dull moment) and they have been a huge blessing and encouragement to us.
- when Gavin and Liam sing together
- when Gavin and Liam play together
- my hard-working husband. He has about 20 things on his plate right now, but he manages to stay sane and still have plenty of time for his family. He never gets enough credit.
- that fall is nearly upon us. I LOVE fall clothes, chilly nights, the smell of fireplaces, the crunch of leaves.
- Liam playing t-ball. He’s really good!
- Cardinals games. I never thought I’d say that, but it’s so fun popping a bowl of popcorn and vegging out in front of the tv with the boys.
- middle of the night cuddles with Tate. He sleeps in his bed the first half of the night and somehow he manages to end sleeping on me or Josh the rest of the night. I don’t mind!
- the BLTA (bacon, lettuce, tomato, avacado) pizza from the Cafe. OH. YUM. My mouth waters every time I think about it (unfortunately I think it’s a seasonal dish and I probably ate it for the last time a few weeks ago).
- Ray Lamontagne. Been groovin to his latest album. Lovely.
- (and most important) that God ALWAYS provides.
August 12, 2009
So I took Baby Tate to his 2 week check-up yesterday (yes, he’ll be three weeks old tomorrow-that’s how we’re rollin these days). He’s gained over 2 pounds and has grown 2 1/2 inches!!! Yikers! It’s no wonder he’s done nothing but sleep since we brought him home. He also had a tad bit of jaundice when we left the hospital and the pediatrician who discharged us said I needed to have our doc check it out after a day or two of being home. Did I do that? Nope. Luckily, our doctor said he looked fine yesterday. (I’m such a good mom).
He’s finally filling out a bit-he was quite skinny, and Josh says he looks like a real baby now (not sure what he thought he looked like before). Tate’s definitely more alert these days and is going through a lovely phase of not wanting to be put down. I best be finding my Moby Wrap!
August 7, 2009
Before little Tate was born, I vowed to myself that I wouldn’t get behind on important things like blogging and reading (forget cleaning the house and laundry). But, here we are, two weeks later and I haven’t posted a single picture of him yet. So, pretend he was just born. Introducing Tate Joshua-all 6lbs. 11 oz. , 19 inches of him. He’s a tiny little peanut with a TON of black hair. All of the boys have been born with a lot of dark hair, but it’s shocking every time when they have so much. I’ve compared baby pics and determined that all three boys look identical at birth and someone said I should have just had triplets to get it all over with at once. Poor planning on my part I guess. 😉
When Liam and Gav came to the hospital for the first time, they each brought a toy from home to share with Baby Tate. Liam chose one of his favorite fire engines. So sweet!
Both boys were SO excited to hold Tate and check out his tiny little fingers and toes.
And my favorite picture sums up life with two older brothers………………..
Everyone has asked how the transition has been for the two older boys and I have to say they’ve been pretty great. Gav had a couple of “weepy” days where he’d just break down in tears and Liam has been a bit more naughty. These behaviors seem to have disappeared for the most part and both boys have been extra helpful.
Tate is a champion sleeper and I usually have to wake him up to feed him. He’s very laid back and when he’s awake, he’s very content. I couldn’t ask for a better baby! (And I’m SO GLAD to not be pregnant anymore!) We’ve managed to get out of the house almost every day and it feels good to be getting back into a routine. So far so good!